About My Studio...

Having worked for 7+ years in portrait photography for someone else, I have decided it was time to open my own business. It is my desire to provide this service in a relaxed atmosphere, without rushing you through your family's portrait sitting. Some children need time to "warm up" to strangers, and babies often need to be fed or cleaned up, or just need some reassurance from their parents during a sitting.

I will do portrait photography for you, on location, in and around Winchester, Northern Virginia, and surrounding areas. Send me an e-mail to inquire about prices, packages, and available appointment times.

Together, we can create some beautiful portraits you'll want to hand down from generation to generation...


Thursday, July 1, 2010

Day by day

I'm plodding along here, day by day. I have worked at my other studio job every day since Sunday, and I have today and tomorrow to go.

Yesterday was a pretty good day... long, but good. I had a sitting with a little boy who was very expressive, very energetic, and lots of fun to photograph. I like to capture all sorts of expressions, not just smiles. I like to show who the person is, and what they like to do. His mother assured me that I was seeing an expression or a stance that she sees often. She liked the portraits, and I had fun taking them. I love doing portraits!

I just had a thought. (I do that often.) Why are sittings called "sittings?" Subjects stand, lie down, kneel, sometimes even move around, and yes, sometimes sit. Sitting is only part of a sitting...

No comments:

Post a Comment